Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zombitronic

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 9, 2007
Microsoft Lab's new Photosynth website is talking down to me. While attempting to check out a photosynth of the Sphinx, it gives me this sarcastic response:

Unfortunately, we're not cool enough to run on your OS yet. We really wish we had a version of Photosynth that worked cross platform, but for now it only runs on Windows.

Trust us, as soon as we have a Mac version ready, it will be up and available on our site.

The thing is, I'm checking this out on Windows 2000 on a Compaq. Running Firefox 2. To be fair, the system requirements state XP as the minimum OS. It's kinda funny (lazy) for this site to assume that anyone trying to access it with anything other than the required system must be a too cool for school Mac user. Apparently, if you're doing something wrong, it must be because you're using a Mac. Except if you're not. But it's still Mac's fault.

Nice try PC.

Really, though, Photosynth is cool software. I recommend checking it out. On XP.

http://photosynth.net/Default.aspx

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Actually that is mildly funny if you think about it. Though MS not having a Mac version yet is standard. Give it time and they may. The great news is that Macs run windows (and probably better at times) so you can still check it out under XP or Vista depending upon what you're running on your Mac. :) Too bad you cannot respond with that!

rasmasyean

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2008
It's new. They'll have Mac version.

If it's related to photo stuff they will have one for Macs, trust me.

Though that's not to say that future Mac versions will be nerfed because Macs can't run .NET, which is possible for them to intertwine the Windows technology with it to make it "richer". Just like how Mac Office 2008 is kinda crappy compared to Win Office 2007.

Westside guy

macrumors 603
Oct 15, 2003
The soggy side of the Pacific NW
That's really funny - especially if, when you're reading those words in your head, you do it in John Hodgman's voice (and with the "I'm a Mac" music playing in the background). It's obviously not how they intended it to be read; so I guess I find it somewhat unintentionally hilarious cuz it fits perfectly.

I realize your (OP's) point was that they're misidentifying the problem, though; and I agree - that's quite funny in and of itself.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.