Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Betty Green

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 24, 2022
I am trying to set up microsoft remote desktop on Mac, but I ran into a problem: error code 0x204. What could be the reason for this error?

williamjhonson

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2022
I'm familiar with this problem, which can occur when Mac users attempt to connect their Mac to a Windows PC through remote desktop. While researching this topic, I came across the identical issue, and Google tossed me an article: Mention A discussion of various reasons and what to do about them may be found above.

PMaggan

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2009
I've had this issue for quite some time now and cannot find a solution. I'm now using Chrome Remote Desktop since it appears RDP is broken for OSX.

millerj123

macrumors 68030
Mar 6, 2008
I've had this issue for quite some time now and cannot find a solution. I'm now using Chrome Remote Desktop since it appears RDP is broken for OSX.
This is weird to me. I'm on a Mac running OSX, with a viable RDP session to a Windows 10 computer.

PMaggan

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2009
This is weird to me. I'm on a Mac running OSX, with a viable RDP session to a Windows 10 computer.
Well, I stand corrected. I tried to connect to a completely different Windows computer today and that one worked. The Windows laptop that I have been using for several years now is the one I cannot connect to anymore (since a Big Sur update) and I've tried every possible fix that I have found online. I'm tempted to reformat this laptop of mine and see if that cures the issue. It has to be something simple I think, but just don't know what.

Reactions: millerj123

TiggrToo

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2017
It's not broken "for OSX" (MacOS).

It may well be broken for you but I can assure you if it was broken in MacOS then I'd not be able to work, since I spent half my day RDPd into upwards of 20 servers. Ditto about 12 of my colleagues...

millerj123

macrumors 68030
Mar 6, 2008
Well, I stand corrected. I tried to connect to a completely different Windows computer today and that one worked. The Windows laptop that I have been using for several years now is the one I cannot connect to anymore (since a Big Sur update) and I've tried every possible fix that I have found online. I'm tempted to reformat this laptop of mine and see if that cures the issue. It has to be something simple I think, but just don't know what.
Can you connect to that laptop from any other computer?

Macintosh TV

Suspended
Nov 3, 2021
I have zero issues with it from my new MBP M1. I also use the iOS app to access my computer remotely. The only thing broken is your configuration.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.