Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Is it possible to participate/loin a Microsoft Teams meeting, using my iMac?

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
I downloaded it but it will not start. It just remains frozen at its loading phase!
Im attaching a screenshot of how it looks.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-01-23 at 01.31.40.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-23 at 01.31.40.png
    49.3 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:

Aggedor

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2020
It works the same way as it does on Windows. You get an invite, you click it. You can either open it in a web browser, or if you have the Teams app installed, use the app.

In Windows, I actually find the web browser implementation much better than the app!

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
I see that Skype is mentioned in the Teams site. How is Skype involved in MS Teams?

Last edited:

Aggedor

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2020
I see that Skype is mentioned in the Teams site. How is Skype involved in MS Teams?
Both are owned by Microsoft. I believe the plan is to integrate them together and Skype will disappear. At the moment they are two separate apps and services.

Euroamerican

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2010
Boise
https://teams.microsoft.com/start should start up the web version. What happens when you don't try to use an installed version, but rather this web startup?

You have to authenticate at that point though, I believe. Di you get an emailed invitation with any login info?

==========
When you installed the Teams app from the Microsoft website, did you get any messages other than "installation complete"?

What if you drag and drop the installation out of your apps folder and then try installing from the Apple App Store?

Last edited:

Super T

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2016
Aurora, IL
did you install off the Mac app store? Try uninstall and reinstall? Living in Teams since last March on Mac, no problems.

Euroamerican

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2010
Boise
That's weird that it is not on the "MacOS" app store. I will check on my Macs at home later today. I am pretty sure it is on the iOS App Store, because that is where we send our office workers to get it after they've gotten MFA set up on their iPhones.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
That's weird that it is not on the "MacOS" app store. I will check on my Macs at home later today. I am pretty sure it is on the iOS App Store, because that is where we send our office workers to get it after they've gotten MFA set up on their iPhones.
Teams is, of course, on the iOS App Store. It definitely is not available through the Mac App Store.

Euroamerican

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2010
Boise
Agreed. By the way, I forgot about this issue on the Mac and on getting back to the OP on the question. Sorry about that!

We deal with Teams' idiosyncrasies at work all day, but those issues are 99 percent of the time on Windblows 10!

Reactions: srbNYC
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.