Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

babyinateacup

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2016
Hi All, apologies if I'm posting this in the wrong place, however, it does say 'Mac Mini' ;-)

I recently bought a 2nd hand Mid 2011 Intel Mac Mini (2.3ghz). I wanted a techie to add another hard drive to it using the dual hard drive kit, however, it would appear that the person who sold me the mini 'lost' or 'broke' the original cable going from the hard drive to the logic board. They basically used the replacement cable that came in a dual hard drive kit which leaves me with a problem that I can't put in another hard drive since the dual hard drive kit cable is about 1cm too short.

Does anybody know where i can find the correct cable and what the part number is?

Please, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-04-15 at 11.22.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-04-15 at 11.22.48 PM.png
    41.4 KB · Views: 256

treekram

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2015
Honolulu HI
It might not be the fault of the person who sold you the Mini. Some Mini's came with the drive in the "upper" bay, in which case you need the cable for the "lower" bay. OWC sells the Data Doubler which works for most folks, or just the cable plus mounting hardware for the "lower" bay at:

http://eshop.macsales.com/item/OWC/DIDIMM11D2B/

If you need the other cable, the standard OWC Data Doubler kit will have it.

babyinateacup

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2016
Hey treekram, thanks for the link and info. My only concern is that when the guy wanted to install the 2nd hard drive he said that I needed a longer cable because it has told fold around the hard drive and reach the logic board. So that is my only concern at this point.

I'll contact shop and ask them to confirm.

Thanks so much! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.