Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rbgeg22

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 1, 2019
Hello, new to this site and wondering if I can find anyone with a similar issue. My mid-2015 MacBook Pro has continued to overheat after getting the battery replaced through the battery replacement program. While the issue is pretty much constant, it is extreme when charging, to the point that the keys are sometimes too hot to touch. Another issue I have noticed is that the connecter of my (less than a year old) magsafe charger will become scalding hot after just a few minutes of charging. I did mention these issues to the genius when I picked the computer up, but failed to do so before taking it in for the initial repair. He said that if the problem persists I should just bring it back so it can be looked further into, but I really don't want to waste another trip to the Apple store if it is something that is unfixable or will cost an arm and a leg.

Webster's Mac

macrumors 6502
Dec 18, 2016
Hello, new to this site and wondering if I can find anyone with a similar issue. My mid-2015 MacBook Pro has continued to overheat after getting the battery replaced through the battery replacement program. While the issue is pretty much constant, it is extreme when charging, to the point that the keys are sometimes too hot to touch. Another issue I have noticed is that the connecter of my (less than a year old) magsafe charger will become scalding hot after just a few minutes of charging. I did mention these issues to the genius when I picked the computer up, but failed to do so before taking it in for the initial repair. He said that if the problem persists I should just bring it back so it can be looked further into, but I really don't want to waste another trip to the Apple store if it is something that is unfixable or will cost an arm and a leg.
Is it only while in sleep mode with an external display connected? My 2015 runs hot in sleep mode (R9 M370X GPU and i7 2.5ghz) but only when an external display is connected. I turned off sleep mode and now it only gets hot under heavy load. Charging made it run even hotter.

Not sure if this is the same issue as yours, but thought I'd chime in.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.