Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Samtastic95

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 31, 2016
UK
I have plans to buy a mid 2019 Macbook Pro to upgrade from a Late 2013 Mabook Pro. Should I get a Vega 20 or a AMD Radeon? I'd like to upgrade the SSD from 512GB to 1TB as I want to store all my game assests on the SSD for Unity.

ScreenSavers

macrumors 68020
Feb 26, 2016
Bloomingdale, GA
That depends on your uses. I have the Radeon Pro 555X in my 2018 model and it easily handles some casual video editing when I need it to.

As far as the SSD, by "upgrade," I'm sure you mean at the time of purchase, because you know you can't upgrade them after the fact at all anymore.

Samtastic95

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 31, 2016
UK
That depends on your uses. I have the Radeon Pro 555X in my 2018 model and it easily handles some casual video editing when I need it to.

As far as the SSD, by "upgrade," I'm sure you mean at the time of purchase, because you know you can't upgrade them after the fact at all anymore.

I mean to upgrade my current SSD on my late 2013 Macbook Pro. I think it might be worth buying a new Macbook Pro with AMD Vega 20 as I use Unity to build games that my programmers make for me

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.