Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applehouse

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2011
Trying to watch Disney Plus right now. While watching Wanda Vision, I am getting booted for too much demand on memory. Is that even possible with the 8GB memory? If that is the case then this thing is going back!

Stella

macrumors G3
Apr 21, 2003
Canada
Trying to watch Disney Plus right now. While watching Wanda Vision, I am getting booted for too much demand on memory. Is that even possible with the 8GB memory? If that is the case then this thing is going back!
That 8GB is also shared with the GPU.

What else do you have running?

bbeagle

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2010
Buffalo, NY
This is about the same argument as:

Trying to use my Dolphin pool float (the one with the tongue sticking out) in my new pool. The float keeps getting deflated. Is it even possible with 25,000 gallons? If this is the case, my I'm getting rid of my new pool!

How many gigs does it take to stream? Less than 1GB. There is either something wrong with the DisneyPlus app, something wrong with the browser (Google Chrome is known to use a LOT of memory), or you're running other things in the background. Maybe something is indexing, using a lot of memory. It's possible that some of the 8gb memory is bad, but we'd need to know more information.

Last edited:

Boyd01

Staff member
Feb 21, 2012
New Jersey Pine Barrens
Are you using Safari for this? Safari likes to complain about memory where other browsers don't seem to have a problem

applehouse

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2011
That 8GB is also shared with the GPU.

What else do you have running?
I was only using safari to watch it. surprised it was happening unless it has something to do with it not working with the new architecture yet

applehouse

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2011
Are you using Safari for this? Safari likes to complain about memory where other browsers don't seem to have a problem

yes I was. Thanks for that. I am happy but not happy to see this may be a larger issue than just me

applehouse

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2011
This is about the same argument as:

Trying to use my Dolphin pool float (the one with the tongue sticking out) in my new pool. The float keeps getting deflated. Is it even possible with 25,000 gallons? If this is the case, my I'm getting rid of my new pool!

How many gigs does it take to stream? Less than 1GB. There is either something wrong with the DisneyPlus app, something wrong with the browser (Google Chrome is known to use a LOT of memory), or you're running other things in the background. Maybe something is indexing, using a lot of memory. It's possible that some of the 8gb memory is bad, but we'd need to know more information.
nothing in the background and I was on Safari. My statement about getting rid of it was that if generation 1 M1 is having this basic issue then what is the point of it. I am hoping it is pure software and can be fixed fairly easy.

applehouse

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2011
Just tried FireFox and it seems to not have an issue but it appears it is lowering the resolution automatically. I will play around with the different browsers. Trying to stay away from Chrome.

Reactions: Boyd01
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.