Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pilpod

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 9, 2019
This issue possibly only happens to people switching from Android to iPhone, or it might have just happened to me. I will try to be as detailed as possible.

So I noticed today that I was included in a group iMessage between myself and two other friends who also own iPhones. However, the very first message that was sent was not received by my phone. I had to ask one of my other friends to relay the message.

I thought this was strange as I had just done a full restore on my phone through iTunes, and thought that would clear up any bugs.

I was trying to search around to see if this is related to my carrier, or the phone.

BUT, I remembered that this group chat had also been around when I was on Android. The first message that was sent to that group would actually have been the one to convert it from a "Text Message" chat to an "iMessage" chat. I am wondering if this was the case, and that's why the message was dropped?

I received every message after that dropped one just fine.

Has anyone else had this happen to them? And would if this is a group message with all other iPhone users, would it be a carrier issue or a phone issue?

Reactions: compwiz1202
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.