Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

teezy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 18, 2012
Tri-State Area, USA
what's up, brothers/sisters.

long story short, i bought an mbp 5,5 (13" mid '09 2.53ghz) off eBay for parts/repair for $100. appeared that only the battery and hard drive weren't included. the pics weren't that good.

got the delivery, turns out ALL of the screws (literally every single screw; hinge, chassis, etc), the speakers + mic, hard drive cable + brackets, 2nd RAM stick, DC-in board, and the rubber feet were missing. not to mention that the hard drive actually wasn't included lol.. battery was included.. not sure if its any good though.

anyway. i ordered screws, the speakers, 2 x 2gb RAM sticks, a DC-in board, a hard drive + cable + brackets, the rubber feet and all that... pretty much everything but the mic. don't need it. hinge screws and rubber feet came in today. still waiting for everything else.
so.
see the attached picture, and be amazed at my wonderful tracing skills LOL.

now... i know that the right(?) speaker lays in the green highlighted area, on the side of the superdrive, and the fan goes.. obviously right... in the red area. obviously. lol

i'm concerned about something being missing though, and maybe i'm just tripping.

you see in the red area, where the fan would be.. what the heck does that second screw on the fan go? and what will a screw on the superdrive (on that side) go to? isn't a bracket or something missing? lol.. i haven't taken MY macbook apart in a little while so i don't quite remember EVERY little detail. and my macbook is a 9,2 (13" mid '12 2.9ghz), i know that the setup is a bit different but not much.

its baffling my mind right now lol. second picture is with the fan sitting as it normally would... the screw holes circled are the ones that are to be screwed to apparently nothing. lol. please... advice!

Attachments

• IMG_50682.jpg
    IMG_50682.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 103
  • IMG_50692.jpg
    IMG_50692.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.