Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SnarkyBear

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 24, 2014
This evening I went into the App Store on my iMac to download a game I had purchased a few years back. To my dismay, I see absolutely NO previously purchased apps. NONE! Where could they have gone?
  • I checked my Apple ID, and I was indeed logged in to the only Apple ID I have ever had.
  • I looked to see if they were hidden, but there were no hidden apps in my account.
  • I searched for the App in the store, and it is still available for purchase. It doesn't have a "download" icon next to it, indicating that I would have to repurchase it.
  • I checked my purchase history, and I was able to find some of the apps I had purchased over the years. That indicates I am in the right account.
Any thoughts as to what could have happened? I have spent literally hundreds of dollars on games and it would make me sad (and angry) if they were all gone forever.

Thank you!

mattguy10

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2010
This evening I went into the App Store on my iMac to download a game I had purchased a few years back. To my dismay, I see absolutely NO previously purchased apps. NONE! Where could they have gone?
  • I checked my Apple ID, and I was indeed logged in to the only Apple ID I have ever had.
  • I looked to see if they were hidden, but there were no hidden apps in my account.
  • I searched for the App in the store, and it is still available for purchase. It doesn't have a "download" icon next to it, indicating that I would have to repurchase it.
  • I checked my purchase history, and I was able to find some of the apps I had purchased over the years. That indicates I am in the right account.
Any thoughts as to what could have happened? I have spent literally hundreds of dollars on games and it would make me sad (and angry) if they were all gone forever.

Thank you!

This has happened to me before except on my iPhone. Apps/games that I know I had purchased in the past would show $9.99 for example, like I’ve never purchased them before. All I did was tap the price and confirm I wanted to “buy” it again and a message would pop up saying that I’ve already purchased this app and would I like to download it again? Obviously I said yes, and that app would download no problem and no charges would appear on my CC. YMMV.

Last edited:
Reactions: SnarkyBear
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.