Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

awawaw

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 18, 2024
Issue:
Earlier this week I noted that all of my workouts recorded earlier than 7 August 2023 no longer have a GPS map available, viewed via the Health app, Workouts app, or HealthFit.

I'm not sure if this is related to iOS 17.5, or I just noticed it having installed the new update. It seems to be similar to the issue that plagued early iOS 14 releases back in 2020.

Some notes:
  • Historically, workouts have typically been recorded via my Apple Watch, or for pre-2016 workouts, imported from Runkeeper, or Garmin. All have missing data.
  • All the workouts still have the correct distances recorded, along with time, pace, and heart rate (if applicable i.e. Apple Watch)
  • All workouts after 7 August 2023 have the map still.
  • It affects all outdoor workout types that I use which would normally have a map (walk, run, bike ride)
  • A full Watch de-pair, iPhone wipe, and restore from iCloud backup made no difference.
Question:
Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?

iGeek2019

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2019
No Selection
There’s definitely some kind of issue with iOS 17.5, Health and Fitness.

I was on 2,788 days of my longest streak out of 3,000 and today it popped up I was on day nine - have had a look and the tracking on the Fitness app has stuck on 2,788 days.

awawaw

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 18, 2024
Sorry to hear that you're having issues as well - it must be very annoying to have a streak broken by a technical bug

Reactions: iGeek2019

iGeek2019

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2019
No Selection
Have you updated to iOS 17.5.1 at all?

Just asking as it seems to have corrected itself - hopefully it resolves your Fitness related issues too!

awawaw

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 18, 2024
Have you updated to iOS 17.5.1 at all?

Just asking as it seems to have corrected itself - hopefully it resolves your Fitness related issues too!
Unfortunately, it doesn’t seem to have been fixed by 17.5.1 :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.