Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xaqt93

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 17, 2011
Alright, this is something that I have wanted for a long time now. Mission Control on the iPad. It would function just the same way it does on the Mac but you wouldn't have multiple desktops. You would be able to see multiple pages of apps that you are currently working with. They wouldn't all have to fully run in the background, but my iPad Pro is amazing at running at least 6 plus the ones that I am working on currently. They could minimaize the app switcher underneath where you would have the row of apps that you have open.

I really hope that made sense. Sorry if y'all don't follow.

xaqt93

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 17, 2011
It would allow us to switch between more then one app at a time

xaqt93

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 17, 2011
Double-clicking the home button and sliding to the open app I want (or the home page) works fine for me.

im really not trying to argue. Just giving my opinion. I think it would honestly be faster to switch between two apps at once then having to pick one app for the left side, and then another for the right side.

For example, I could have Safari and Twitter open in one Window, and then I can slide over with four fingers like we do now, and then I would have OneNote and Powerpoint. To me, it would just be easier. Just my opinion.

username:

macrumors 6502a
Dec 16, 2013
im really not trying to argue. Just giving my opinion. I think it would honestly be faster to switch between two apps at once then having to pick one app for the left side, and then another for the right side.

For example, I could have Safari and Twitter open in one Window, and then I can slide over with four fingers like we do now, and then I would have OneNote and Powerpoint. To me, it would just be easier. Just my opinion.

What you're talking about is "spaces" not mission control. Yes I agree spaces would be great on the iPad but i feel that's what I have my Mac for so...

M115CLE

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2016
Alright, this is something that I have wanted for a long time now. Mission Control on the iPad. It would function just the same way it does on the Mac but you wouldn't have multiple desktops. You would be able to see multiple pages of apps that you are currently working with. They wouldn't all have to fully run in the background, but my iPad Pro is amazing at running at least 6 plus the ones that I am working on currently. They could minimaize the app switcher underneath where you would have the row of apps that you have open.

I really hope that made sense. Sorry if y'all don't follow.

I'm with you on this, if Apple are trying to have the iPad Pro be a 'laptop' replacement then it needs to incorporate more things that laptops can do.

I'd find this really useful at work more so than personal use. There are many occasions throughout the day when I have 3-4 windows on the screen at the same time.

An example would be writing an email to someone whilst having another email open to refer to and then excel open to pull figures from. Far easier than double clicking and jumping between pages as suggested above!

For me
Personal use - No Need
Work use - Lots of need

Reactions: xaqt93
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.