Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nick_iphone7

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 4, 2019
As I looked at it, I came across the site of Verizon - as far as I know it is one of the largest mobile operators in the states. I looked at their plans and the cheapest was $ 35 which surprised me. I find it expensive, considering the things that are included in this plan. Here in Bulgaria you get this money (I copy the content directly from the carrier)

Unlimited minutes for calls in Bulgaria and roaming in the EU

1,000 minutes per inter. calls to mobile and fixed. networks in the EU

100 000 MB max. speed in Bulgaria and roaming in the EU

13 600 MB free of charge for roaming in the EU

TV GO with 60+ TV channels included, MAXI package, HBO On Demand, Disney English, MAX Sport Plus, Diema Xtra and 10000 MB to the contract term application
i
TIDAL
music platform
The price is 28,84$
My plan is 8GB internet, unlimited calls in BG and Europe, 6GB internet in Europe and TV GO.
What do u think?

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
Europeans definitely get much better cellular carrier benefits for much less but an iPhone in the States that costs $1000 costs how much over there?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
As I looked at it, I came across the site of Verizon - as far as I know it is one of the largest mobile operators in the states. I looked at their plans and the cheapest was $ 35 which surprised me. I find it expensive, considering the things that are included in this plan. Here in Bulgaria you get this money (I copy the content directly from the carrier)

Unlimited minutes for calls in Bulgaria and roaming in the EU

1,000 minutes per inter. calls to mobile and fixed. networks in the EU

100 000 MB max. speed in Bulgaria and roaming in the EU

13 600 MB free of charge for roaming in the EU

TV GO with 60+ TV channels included, MAXI package, HBO On Demand, Disney English, MAX Sport Plus, Diema Xtra and 10000 MB to the contract term application
i
TIDAL
music platform
The price is 28,84$
My plan is 8GB internet, unlimited calls in BG and Europe, 6GB internet in Europe and TV GO.
What do u think?
Now factor in the size of United States, the population density, the infrastructure that carriers support, the pricing of other goods and services, salaries, etc., etc., etc. There really isn't much of an apples-to-apples type of comparison there.

Quite a few of this type of discussions have happened over at https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/how-much-is-your-monthly-iphone-bill.1116195/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.