Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DaniloDelTufo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 2, 2019
Hello there, I'm experiencing a problem with Safari and Youtube. When entering in full screen mode, the video appears at the left of screen and the right side is black. The problem is the same described here :(https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7371819) and here: (
). I've tried everything, re-installing the OSX, disabling extension safari, safe mode, mission control, general "when mouse scrolling" etc...I've contacted Apple they said it's problem that needs to be addressed by them with next update, but frankly I didn't find any recent discussion about the problem in REDDIT for example or other forums. Have you experienced the same problem, and is there some fix? I've tried everything expect format and re-installing, but Apple said that probably the problem will appear again also with format. Please help me! Thanks! :)

NastyNatex

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2018
It's been doing this since the Mojave beta and they still haven't fixed it. Nothing to worry about.

DaniloDelTufo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 2, 2019
Thanks, before starting the thread I've searched on the web a lot of solutions without a clue, and tried every solution available on apple support forum and others. The only thing that I have not tried is formatting and reinstalling everything, I've just re-installed the OS, without any success. I hope that Apple will fix it soon with some update, however the Apple support told me it's not only my iMac that got the problem, so there's a hope for a general fix with the next Mojave update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.