Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GaryJH

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2018
Hi All,

I have a macOS Mojave mac mini running as a "server". Every few days it locks up and has to be physically powered off and back on. I can see no obvious problems in any logs. What's the best way for me to start diagnosing this?

Many thanks,

Gary

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Hi All,

I have a macOS Mojave mac mini running as a "server". Every few days it locks up and has to be physically powered off and back on. I can see no obvious problems in any logs. What's the best way for me to start diagnosing this?

Many thanks,

Gary
You should edit your title to accurately reflect your question. There's not necessarily any correlation that the lockup is due to the computer running file sharing; there are many computers that do file sharing without any lockups. People may ignore the thread if they think it's about servers.

GaryJH

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2018
You should edit your title to accurately reflect your question. There's not necessarily any correlation that the lockup is due to the computer running file sharing; there are many computers that do file sharing without any lockups. People may ignore the thread if they think it's about servers.

You think? when not running file sharing I have no lockups. This "Server" is serving files for about 20 clients and when under heavy load I see the server lock up, I do not believe that I need to edit the title, but thank you for your input.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.