Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wwooden

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 26, 2004
Burlington, VT
Hello everyone,

I have had this issue since I installed the first public betas of Mojave on my 2012 cMBP 15". If I restart my computer, the start up with stall on the Apple logo and not progress. The only way I can get it into the OS is to restart in recover mode, by holding Command + R, then selecting the startup disk with the Mojave 10.14 install. After that is boots fine and runs without issues, unless I restart again.

I do not have any other OS or partitions on my laptop harddrive, yet it cannot restart into the latest Mojave install on the drive. My system is running the latest version of Mojave (current to December 26th, 2018), and continues to have this issue. It's not a big deal because I just don't restart my computer that much, but I would like to fix the issue.

I've tried going into the system preferences and ensuring that the Mojave system is the one selected for startup. It should as there are no other options.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.