Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

this_self

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 27, 2018
Hello world.
I'm battling with thoughts what better to buy for me between those two monitors: LG 24UD58 or LG 27UD58.

I have MacBook Pro 15" 2015 (with iGPU only) and I know that I need MiniDP -> DP cable and I checked that it works great.

I need it mostly for coding (I need excellent fonts).

The question is: where is fonts looks better? I heard that 27" is over-big for 1080p scaling (the fonts are big) and when try to set it to 2.5k scaling the fonts are blur a bit.
In this case 24" looks better in case we have ~180PPI (closer to my 15" Retina).

I know that here are a lot people who has similar monitors, I would like to see the macro photos of fonts.. how it looks like on 24" 4k and on 27" 4k.

I know that it is budget monitors and I don't except super-mega-ultra fantastic color rendition.

I had experience with 24" FHD monitor and I'd say I don't like how fonts look like. I'd say it's awful. I had experience with 23" 2048x1152 and the fonts was awesome great. Really great coding experience.

Thank you for answers in advance :)

open0

macrumors member
Dec 29, 2018
LG 4K 27UD88 or 27UK850-W with USB-C port will work fine with your MBP 15" 2015
4K 27 inch monitor gives much better view than 24" !

this_self

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 27, 2018
Thank you guys for your answers.
I've been reviewed the monitor LG 24UD58 and tested it for afterimage effect and found it, unfortunately, so.. I decided to buy another one non 4k display.
In any way, thank you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.