Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oneeyedjax

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 2, 2009
I have a macbook pro .. I've been having trouble with prints being much darker than they appear on my monitor. I've ordered a calibration kit from MPIX and it says i need to "set my monitor to 5000 degree Kelvin as the display temperature" (5000 degrees is chosen because it's closest to daylight). Does anyone know where i would find this display temperature option on my computer? .... thanks! :)

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Go to System Preferences and click Displays. Select Color and Calibrate. Check the box that reads Expert. Work through the panels until you get to Target White Point. You will have a slider and more options available. The bar will give a broader temperature where you can set your 5000K.

Dale

Ruahrc

macrumors 65816
Jun 9, 2009
I believe that sunlight is actually 6500k. Most graphics professionals set their display temp to 6500k, although some print media users work in 5000k. For me 5000k is too yellow to look at in a normally lit room.

Ruahrc

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.