Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Toytruckmike

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 3, 2016
Hey,
I got a Nike AW2 recently, and it will display my MotionX GPS, but it will not let me start the timer. when I swipe to the map screen, it doesn't show the location where I am, defaults to Santa Cruz CA.

Seems like it is a setting not allowing it to use GPS, but I cannot figure out where to fix this.
Anyone had this happen??
Thanks
Michael

jakerichva

Suspended
Jul 12, 2008
Yep, same thing here, but I don't even see the GPS data. I have no clue what to do next. It's like the app isn't even seeing the watch, or the watch can't see the app.

jakerichva

Suspended
Jul 12, 2008
I contacted them. They claim to know about the problem. Didn't commit to fixing it. Here is what they said:

"Thank you for contacting the MotionX team! Currently, we have developed Apple Watch software that is capable of working in unison with MotionX-GPS on iOS 9. Unfortunately, we are currently aware that MotionX-GPS does not function on the latest WatchOS / series 2 watches and iOS 10 and hope to address these issues in the near future. Thank you for your understanding and thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention."

How do I tell Apple the iTunes information is bogus?

Reactions: Toytruckmike
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.