Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DeafRaiders

macrumors regular
Original poster
I have just switched from Netgear ReadyNAS Duo to Synology DS215j after 8 years or more.

I was able to mount the drives from the ReadyNAS Duo which host name was NASDrive now i get this message every so often how do i stop this popping up
Screen_Shot_2016_03_26_at_15_13_18.png

I can't seem to keep my Synology also called NASDrive shared drives (Music and Websites) mounted when i sign in (I have added the files to login items) i have to keep going to 'Go' and 'connect to Server'. I have enabled AFP can connect to the drive. It only lets me on one shared drive at a time, the Netgear allowed me to mount many as I want.

Screen_Shot_2016_03_26_at_15_23_45.png

I only been using the Sinology for a few weeks now, but this is tearing my hair out every time i have looked thru past threads and none of them seem to link with my issue.

Can anyone help?

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
I would contact synologys tech support. I've heard good things about them. They should be able to help you in the synology and OS X side.

I have a ds216j that works flawlessly without my intervention except for the first time connecting.

boast

macrumors 65816
Nov 12, 2007
Phoenix, USA
I think it might be a name conflict since they are both called the same but are probably on different IPs now.

I would delete any reference to NASDrive on your mac first (like under Login Items, or any bookmarks in Finder) and reboot and see if you do not get that error anymore.

Then set it up again with the syno box.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.