Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

inkswamp

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 26, 2003
I recently set my Macbook Air up with an external monitor so I can dock it and use it as a desktop machine with a mouse and am currently struggling with the terrible design of Apple's mouse/trackpad control panel. It appears the "natural scroll direction" setting between the two are linked and you cannot uncouple them and set the mouse and trackpad separately. That means I have to go into the panel and change it when moving from desktop to laptop. I find it hard to believe that Apple did such an idiotic thing in linking these settings.

Does anyone have a good workaround or even a third-party app to fix this idiocy? Any way to force the mouse and trackpad to hold their own scroll direction setting.

S1njin

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2010
NJ
I have a similar gripe and found this: MOS

Anybody else have experience w/ either Scroll Reverser or MOS?

Since the're not on the App Store, I'm a little leery about putting 3rd party software on my Mac; especially if I can't find a lot on this forum.

Thanks.

Reactions: inkswamp

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
Scroll Reverser seems to be the simpler of the two, which is exactly what you're asking for.

Reactions: inkswamp
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.