Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Guacamole

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 21, 2011
I need a mouse for my new Mackbook Pro. The one that I have is not working well on my new laptop while it works perfectly on my old one. It’s an old microsoft mouse.

I’m looking for a mouse compatible with Sierra (preferible bluetooth to save a port but it doesn’t matter)
I don’t want any of those expensive gaming ones, just a simple one compatible with Sierra .

The Apple mouse is way too expensive

any suggestions please?

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
My vote goes to Logitech. Best mice I've found.

But... Logitech's mouse software might not please you (or it might).

Just be aware that you can also use either "SteerMouse" or "USB Overdrive" to program any additional buttons...

Guacamole

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 21, 2011
I bought a Logitech M185 and it's not good, just as bad as my old Microsoft mouse.. sluggish and sometimes it freezes.

I couldn't find a M535 in stores and I need it one right away

danielwsmithee

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2005
I've heard good things about SteelSeries mice. Technically they are gaming mice as well, but they are a lot simpler then other gaming mice. Though I don't think they will be cheaper than the Apple mouse.

In my opinion a quality mouse and keyboard are some of the best computer investments you can make. I've been running a Logitech Performance MX for 10+ years, and it is still great.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.