Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jfw_macrumors

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2017
I have a Yoga app that the developer changed from one time purchase to subscription without making a new app. They were banking on automatic updates to force people to pay to keep the app they bought.

My daughter updated the app on her iPad without realizing that the content we paid for was now being held ransom. I have the most recent non-subscription version on my iPad. How can I move this older version onto her iPad?

Thanks for any advice,

JF.

flaubert

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2015
Portland, Oregon
Here are the general instructions for rolling back to an earlier version:

http://lifeinlofi.com/2015/12/30/how-to-reinstall-older-versions-of-apps-on-your-iphone-or-ipad/

The wrinkle in your case is that the .ipa file may reside on either her computer (if she's lucky) or on your computer (requires maybe less luck, since you haven't upgraded yet). Find the .ipa on one of the computers, and then proceed as above (may require transferring from your computer to hers). I don't think you're going to find any solution that will directly transfer iPad to iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.