Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

apostolosdt

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 29, 2021
I managed to install Windows 11 as a VM (Parallels 18) on a base Mini M1, but the automatically downloaded .iso file, needed for running the VM, is cited in my Downloads folder. Any advice on how I can move the .iso to another location in my internal SSD? Thanks.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Assuming that Parallels works like VirtualBox and VMware, you don't need the .iso file once Windows is installed. Just move/delete it like any other file.

apostolosdt

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 29, 2021
Thanks, guys, but I run Windows 11 VM on Parallels; for some reason, the downloaded .iso is required. Perhaps, it is so because of the way Parallels downloaded and installed Windows. So, I'm afraid, my question still holds. But, thanks anyway.

apostolosdt

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 29, 2021
OK, you are right and I'm wrong! I sent the iso to the Bin and the VM opens. Yes! Thank you for insisting on helping me out and apologies for using your time.

Reactions: chabig

bogdanw

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2009
Parallels downloads an ESD file and converts that into ISO. Check ~/Library to see if Parallels deleted that file, it’s about 4GB and it’s not needed.

Reactions: apostolosdt
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.