Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 24, 2006
So bummed Facebook is shutting down the Moves app! It was a great, simple app for tracking your active calorie burn each day.

https://newsroom.fb.com/news/2018/07/hello-tbh-moving-on/

Does anyone know of a similar, accurate, calorie burn tracking app? I'm not looking for something that can track all kinds of metrics. I just want something that you can enter your height, weight, age, and gender and have it track your daily active calorie burn (above your basal metabolic rate) based on your movements.

So, so bummed!!

Reactions: oldbunyip

oldbunyip

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2018
Virginia Beach, USA
The Arc app has a new update that allows you to import your Moves data. You download the Moves data and get the file moves_export.zip. Put this in your iCloud Arc App directory, and it should be imported automatically. I've done that, but don't see any action. Not sure what to do now. My moves_export.zip file is 145 meg.

oldbunyip

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2018
Virginia Beach, USA
I moved my moves_export.zip file into the Arc App directory using my Mac. When I looked at it on my phone, it had the little cloud symbol on it. It hadn't downloaded to the phone. I tapped it, it downloaded, then Arc grabbed it and imported it. It imported all my data, and it's just awesome. All my history is preserved - maps and location and times. It worked just great for me, and I'm really happy with the new import feature.

yoz-y

macrumors member
Dec 12, 2013
I have been using Google Timeline but the UI is quite horrible and of course google gets a bit too much information. Thank you for sharing the Arc app, I'll be switching to that immediately.

oldbunyip

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2018
Virginia Beach, USA
The Arc data stays on your device and in your iCloud. It does not get transferred back to any third party websites, like Moves did (so Facebook could plunder the data). I hope Arc stays as security conscious and doesn't "improve" in bad ways.

The developer is quite responsive.

martypatches

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2018
The day after Moves shut down i found the app Move X. It was the exact same app for about 1 week, then it got some redesign. From what I can tell the performance is much better than Moves where (I've had a lot of problems with Moves).

Seems like people have had some problems with it though, but I've never experienced any.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/move-x/id1407115522?mt=8

Move X

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2018
The day after Moves shut down i found the app Move X. It was the exact same app for about 1 week, then it got some redesign. From what I can tell the performance is much better than Moves where (I've had a lot of problems with Moves).

Seems like people have had some problems with it though, but I've never experienced any.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/move-x/id1407115522?mt=8
Hello! We are developers of Move X!
We are happy that you like our app! We keep working on improvements! and we are happy to have feedbacks and suggestions from you!
Please feel free to contact with us by following us on Twitter @MoveX4 or sending us email to
support@csdigit.com! Comments on Appstore is also welcomed!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.