Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you still use an Iphone 6 Plus?

• Yes but I would never admit this publicly

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Yes but only as a coaster

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No I choose technology

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Yes because I need a "real" home button boi!

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • No, these people belong on the Island of Misfit Toys

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters

newb-sasquatch

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 18, 2014
Alabama
Anybody else moving from the archaic 6 plus and eyeing the 6.5 model? (yes I said original 6, not S) This release can't get here soon enough!! I'm wondering what the availability of the 6.5 model will be, it seems to be the sought after model this year.

I've got a question on restoring from old phone vs new phone:

Assuming I'm not worried about carrying over health data, would you bring over your old baggage from an Iphone 6 plus onto the new sleek X plus once you get it or would you rather set up as new phone?

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
I have ALWAYS used an encrypted iTunes backup on my new iPhones and never had a hint of a problem. The only way I would change is if my phone had some serious problems. Your 6 backup will work just fine.

Reactions: DevinNj

DevinNj

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2016
New Jersey
I have ALWAYS used an encrypted iTunes backup on my new iPhones and never had a hint of a problem. The only way I would change is if my phone had some serious problems. Your 6 backup will work just fine.

I've always done this as well without issue. Some do say that they always set up as a new phone, and that's fine too. Just comes down to personal preference imo.

Reactions: Newtons Apple

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
I've always done this as well without issue. Some do say that they always set up as a new phone, and that's fine too. Just comes down to personal preference imo.

I backup nightly on the cloud and once a week to iTunes.

What I love about the encrypted back up from iTunes is the speed it restores your phone. 15 minutes and everything is moved including icons and passwords. Everyone has choice, there is no wrong way!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.