Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BeefCake 15

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 15, 2015
I'm on Mozilla FireFox 45.0.1 on latest OS X El Capitan and the freezing/hanging still hasn't stopped. Also, keep finding that CMD+ESC to exit doesn't work. I use FF on Windows and don't have any of these issues.

Anyone noticed similar issues?

drummer5645

macrumors member
Mar 8, 2014
Have used FF for last 5 years and presently 45.0.1 on a 2013 imac with 11.4 and frankly no freezing at all. Have you considered or tried to erase and reinstall? The mac version obviously. Another thing to try is disabling all the add ons and seeing if that stops the freezing. If yes, add them back one at a time until you find the culprit. Mozzilla support can be interesting at times but also check http://forums.mozillazine.org/index.php

BenTrovato

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2012
Canada
I've been using FF on Mac for years and it is getting worse. Recently I've had to switch to Chrome because it loads web pages so much more quickly. I still think FF looks better and the menu's are more responsive but it just takes so long to load pages compared to Chrome.

drummer5645

macrumors member
Mar 8, 2014
I've been using FF on Mac for years and it is getting worse. Recently I've had to switch to Chrome because it loads web pages so much more quickly. I still think FF looks better and the menu's are more responsive but it just takes so long to load pages compared to Chrome.

I actually tried chrome and safari about 3 months ago due to the beach balls and funky behavior of FF. I will tell you the combo of 11.4 [ just updated from 10.10.5] and 45.01 has made great improvements in flow of FF. It actually pretty good

BenTrovato

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2012
Canada
I actually tried chrome and safari about 3 months ago due to the beach balls and funky behavior of FF. I will tell you the combo of 11.4 [ just updated from 10.10.5] and 45.01 has made great improvements in flow of FF. It actually pretty good

Alright.. I'll give it another shot. I miss FF.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.