Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Slartibart

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 19, 2020
MP4Plus Converter Pro is at the moment a free download in the Appstore.
One of the few occasions I had to switch to my laptop so far was to convert videos. Just run a quick test with this app - and while the interface can be improved (you have to select “iCloud” as a source to be able to select a video from the Files app; parameter adjustments seems rudimentary AFAICS), I was profoundly impressed by how fast my 11” iPP 2020 could convert a 45” 720p video to mp4, same resolution, etc..
Get it while you can! ?

Beards

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2014
Derbyshire UK
Looks interesting thanks…..
Of the one video I tried it on (took a small video clip on the iPhone then shared it to MP4Plus; it converted successfully from Quicktime movie to mp4 and the file size was reduced with no errors…. However, it stripped out the GPS data. As such. I expect you also need to install the other App GPSPlus - GPS EXIF Editor. That App though requires payments at some point though not checked. ?

Slartibart

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 19, 2020
Looks interesting thanks…..
Of the one video I tried it on (took a small video clip on the iPhone then shared it to MP4Plus; it converted successfully from Quicktime movie to mp4 and the file size was reduced with no errors…. However, it stripped out the GPS data. As such. I expect you also need to install the other App GPSPlus - GPS EXIF Editor. That App though requires payments at some point though not checked. ?
good to know. In the meantime I converted a variety of different formats/containers (quicktime, mkv, avi) to mp4 - works. ?

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
Brilliant! How big is the actual download? I need to depend on mobile data these days.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.