Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

David-Brodosi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 11, 2021
So my university uses the full array of Microsoft products. One issue I have since Big Sur has been the very slow boot of MS Teams. One you click the icon it’s about two mins before it opens. No I have an iMac Pro, fully loaded $5,000 computer with SSD, 32GB memory etc. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times. Any clues? Cheers, David Brodosi.

Slartibart

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2020
You checked wether with Safari or Firefox or Chrome it is still slow?

Last edited:

macsound1

macrumors 6502a
May 17, 2007
SF Bay Area
Was it only yesterday that it was slow?
There was a reported outage

I use Teams daily as well and it has issues almost everyday. They utilize some sort of window manager, not sure why, but what happens is the window manager gets stuck in front of the window, so it looks like it hasn't loaded yet but if you Command+` the actual window shows up.

Best of luck!

David-Brodosi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 11, 2021
Yes, using the web browser opens everything quickly. It's just when I usf the desktops apps. Teams, Word, etc. All take forever to fully open. And if you hover over the icon I get stopped responding listed.

BLUEDOG314

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2015
Do you have the ability to open Teams in a different user profile? I would try that first to make sure it's nothing to do with your user data.

Reactions: David-Brodosi
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.