Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TechThule

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 26, 2011
Unlike most users, I live in a rural area where the quality of the reception makes a big impact on me. I thought others who live in areas, where the reception is in and out, might be interested in my experience.

I recently upgraded from an iPhone 6 to an 8+ (both on Verizon). The difference in the number of dropped calls has been dramatic. I do a lot of business from home, and felt obliged to use a land line most of the time because of the frequency of lost connections. Not any more. The iPhone 8+ (and presumably the 8) provides a much more stable connection. As I said, most readers will not care, but, for those of you who do, Apple has made a big improvement in this model.

Helmsley

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2017
Agreed. In areas where I'd see weak signal on my iPhone 6s, I'm seeing a slight improvement on my 8 Plus.

Reactions: Makayla

Makayla

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2016
That's great.

Mine seems to be the opposite though, getting slightly worse reception than my old 5s and more dropped and missed calls. But I also live in an area where almost all services are spotty and have lots of dead pockets and folks here are very used to it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.