Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

qpawn

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 2, 2003
California
I'm looking for the easiest way take multiple images of varying sizes and spread them out across a single frame for a slideshow. I have a hundred or so photos in JPG format and I'd like to have 2 or 3 of them on each slide. I'd like to end up with 30-40 image files of these slides. Any help is appreciated. Thanks. :)

:apple: Here's an image to help visualize what I'm trying to accomplish :apple:

multiplephotos.jpg

miles01110

macrumors Core
Jul 24, 2006
The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
Powerpoint? Photoshop? Keynote?

I'm not sure if you can re-create exactly what you have there in PP or Keynote, but you can certainly arrange 3 pictures in a row and have them appear on the click or whatever. Or if you wanted the arrangement you have below you could make a photoshop file with those images copied in and adjusted to the desired angle. Save it as a jpg and use that as the picture for the PP slide.

leighonigar

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2007
Powerpoint? Photoshop? Keynote?

I'm not sure if you can re-create exactly what you have there in PP or Keynote, but you can certainly arrange 3 pictures in a row and have them appear on the click or whatever. Or if you wanted the arrangement you have below you could make a photoshop file with those images copied in and adjusted to the desired angle. Save it as a jpg and use that as the picture for the PP slide.

You can get exactly that effect with powerpoint, keynote etc. Take the photos, stick each one on a white box of slightly greater size for the border, group the two together, rotate. At least, that's how I'd do it it powerpoint, but I'm lame. You must also be able to do this with other presentation apps, like the one that comes with open office.

An alternative, as hinted at, would be to lay the photos out how you want them on some larger image (hopefully the same resolution as your screen) then run through those as slides. I wouldn't do it this way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.