Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

karnsculpture

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 19, 2006
London, UK
Two issues I have noted and will report:

1) Slow response changing tracks in Music - not streaming but downloaded files. There is often a 5 to 10 second delay if you click to play the next track on a playlist or in an album. There is no lag between tracks if you let them play in full, it only happens if you want to go forward to the next track before the one you are currently playing ends.

2) There is a much longer delay (minutes) when selecting Purchased AAC files to play. These are files from the era when iTunes Store music files were protected and you had to be signed in to play them. The problem does not manifest itself when playing recent purchases. Is this because the file and the Music app are trying to verify ownership?

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
For the first issue I didn't notice any recently.
For the second issue, since I don't have any of such songs you mention, I have no experience.

Loge

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2004
England
No problems playing protected AAC files for me in beta 3 or beta 4. They should not have to verify ownership on playback; you need to be able to play the local files without internet access.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.