Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Clockwerk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2023
I'm currently in the market for a new mouse as my G Pro Wireless has been double clicking for years now and since I don't really play fps games anymore, I'm thinking of getting an Mx Master 3s for my Linux rig as well as my M1 Macbook Pro. From various reddit threads and youtube videos, it says that the Mx Master 3s on Macbooks are really bad even with the third party apps to try and fix it and that the dongle is also a necessity because the bluetooth is very laggy. Are they actually that bad? Should I wait for the 4 instead?

There's like a sale for the Mx Master 3s for $65 every month or two where I live and I'm thinking of nabbing one up.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
I'm currently in the market for a new mouse as my G Pro Wireless has been double clicking for years now and since I don't really play fps games anymore, I'm thinking of getting an Mx Master 3s for my Linux rig as well as my M1 Macbook Pro. From various reddit threads and youtube videos, it says that the Mx Master 3s on Macbooks are really bad even with the third party apps to try and fix it and that the dongle is also a necessity because the bluetooth is very laggy. Are they actually that bad? Should I wait for the 4 instead?

There's like a sale for the Mx Master 3s for $65 every month or two where I live and I'm thinking of nabbing one up.
I use the 3S on a few different Apple Silicon Macs, all connected over Bluetooth, and have no problems with lag.

Last edited:
Reactions: Clockwerk

icanhazmac

Contributor
Apr 11, 2018
Works like a charm via BT. I've had both the 2s and 3s. Currently the 3s is shared between by MBP, iPad and PC.

Paul Deemer

macrumors member
Dec 17, 2023
Greenville, SC
I have the MX Anywhere 3s Mouse and MX Keys Mini that I use to control my Samsung Galaxy Tab s9+, S23 Ultra and MacBook Pro M3 Max 16". Works like a charm controlling all three. I haven't noticed any lag at all. I really only use the keyboard for the Tablet and Phone because the MacBook keyboard just feels so much better to type on. But I use the Mouse on the MacBook. Reason I got the keyboard and mouse is because they are black as are my Tablet, Phone and MacBook so it all blends in nicely. The Apple Magic Keyboard only comes in White and would have stuck out like a sore thumb with my setup.

Don't buy the Apple version of the mouse or keyboard as you will getting ripped off. The Apple version just works with Apple. The regular version is compatible with Windows, Android and Apple. So you can use it with all three.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.