Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kreuzberg

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 23, 2009
It's a New Year and I got a new camera for Christmas (Canon S90) so I though I'd try and do a 365.

Its the first time I've shot with digital properly as since I got interested in photography I've been using my selection of film cameras. I plan to do most of the 365 as digital but I might throw in the odd film image as I get them developed. I'm going to try to upload everyday although I have picked a bad time to start this project as I have 3 exams next week and I'll be studying flat out til then.

So anyway this is my first pic, I just took it to test out the macro function and to also see what kind out bokeh it can put out, I don't think it turned out too badly!

1/365

kreuzberg

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 23, 2009
Heres todays:

Took this shot when I went for a walk just before sunset, wish the cars weren't there but you cant have everything.

Revision didn't go to well today. I'm back on campus so I went to the library but its shut until Monday and theres just too many distractions in my flat and I've just realised how much I still Have to do. Looks like it could be a long night....

2/365

Not too happy with it, didn't notice the composition was off til I got back to my flat so I'll have to do :lol:

kreuzberg

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 23, 2009
Revision, revision, revision....

Didn't get out of my flat at all today do I tried to come up with something interesting to shoot.

I decided to try taking a photo of myself watching the sun set out of my window. Never actually taken a picture of myself before, guess theres always a first time for everything.

3/365

cr2sh

macrumors 68030
May 28, 2002
downtown
If I were you I'd turn this into a blog over at blogspot. I think you would end up with a lot more followers. Plus you could be posting images from your mobile phone.

OrangeCuse44

macrumors 65832
Oct 25, 2006
If I were you I'd turn this into a blog over at blogspot. I think you would end up with a lot more followers. Plus you could be posting images from your mobile phone.

This is a good suggestion. I set mine up at wordpress and with the iPhone app I can upload and create new posts when I can't get to a computer and use my digital cameras (shameless plug --> jpa365.com)

kreuzberg

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 23, 2009
Thanks for the suggestion, will have to look into it. Dont think my phone does uploads though...

Today was a bit of a bust photo-wise. Ended up spending all my time in my flat and in the library so I just ending up taking a photo of the change lying on my desk.

C&C not required, I know its crap lol

4/365

Prizes for guessing how much there is :lol:

stagi

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2006
Keep up the good work. I though about doing a 365 project but knew once the summer hit and busy wedding season was here I would forget some days. One year I would like to do this though, think its a pretty awesome goal to shoot every day.

kreuzberg

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 23, 2009
Thanks for the encouragement guys!

5/365

Just took this on the way to bed, got my first exam tomorrow morning and I can't remember a thing

kreuzberg

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 23, 2009
Well the exam went ok today I think, think I've done enough to pass. Wish I could feel the same about tomorrows.

We had quite a bit of snow today so I went for a nice long walk and took a few cameras with me. This is a small stream that winds its way around campus, round the back of my flat and out into the wild yonder. I've no idea were it goes but one day I'd like to find out.

6/365

kreuzberg

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 23, 2009
I look this picture today as it was the focus for my rage today. I finished my exam today and when to the library to revise only to find it was closed because of the weather, yet both pubs on campus have no problems staying open.

On the upside, last exam tomorrow so I think I'll take a day off after before I start on coursework.

7/365

kreuzberg

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 23, 2009
After looking at the other 365 thread, i didn't realise I was causing offense by doing this. If I'm annoying people then lock the thread as its the last thing I want to do.

Todays image is more about the processing than the image itself. I found a tutorial online about adding film-like grain to a photograph and I thought Id give it a go. To be honest I don't like, the sky seems too speckly, but I thought Id put it up anyway to see what other people think and if they can offer any better techniques.

I basically created a new layer in Photoshop that was 50% gray and overlayed the original image with it. Then I added noise and blurred the noise with a gausian filter and set the overlay at 30% opacity.

Oh and if your wondering what the image is, its where I live.

8/365

NathanCH

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2007
Vancouver, BC
People may argue that you should post in the daily photo thread we have each month, but then again, if people aren't allowed to make their own threads - what's the point of a forum? I personally don't mind this thread at all. Keep going!

I added you on Flickr to keep up with all your daily photos. I'm also doing a daily photo thing with a few friends. I doubt it will last a year, but maybe a month or two. I started a bit late though (Jan 6th).

kreuzberg

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 23, 2009
Cheers Nathan, good luck with your 365!

Todays picture is of my dinner tonight. It's my favourite meal in the world and I've never tried to shoot food before so I thought I'd give it a go.

Wasn't really sure what to do so I just played it safe by using rule of thirds to pick my focal point and messed about with the white balance until the colours looked right.

9/365

kreuzberg

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 23, 2009
There was a really cool sunset yesterday so I decided to go for a walk and take a few pictures. I think this was the best one, I just really liked all the hundreds of tiny little branches on the trees.

10/365

I didn't plan on taking this shot today, I was going to try another food shot with a pizza but i accidentally overcooked it and it wasn't that photogenic (still tasted good though!).

Its a bit abstract, can you guess what it is?

11/365

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.