Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lemajbed

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 24, 2017
Hey everyone, sorry if this is in the wrong forum, I am new here,

But you guys are my only hope… My father has an iPhone 7 where he uses an iCloud account created by a family member (My father does not understand much when it comes to tech so every time he buys a new phone he gives it to someone to setup it, he only uses it to call, not even text).

We have the account name and the password, but for some reason the iPhone repeatedly asks for iCloud sign up, maybe around 20 times a day. And when I enter the correct password, it tells me to enter the birthdate associated with the account (as an extra security step) but i do not know the birthdate (i tried many known birthdates but also in vain and it is impossible to get it). This resulted in the account being locked.

So my father got really annoyed by it and told me to remove the account and get a new iCloud account. I made a new account and when I tried to disconnect from the old iCloud account it told me that the account was locked and I must either enter the correct birthdate or get a verification number sent by email. The problem is that I need to enter the iCloud account to access the email, because the email is k*******@icloud.com.

Since disconnecting the iCloud account was not possible, I tried to reset it to factory settings from the Settings menu but that gave the same result. Therefore, I set the phone in recovery mode and I tried to hard reset it using iTunes (I made a manual backup before this), but once the phone started, it required me to enter, still, the old iCloud credential before even the home screen. Hence the phone is now unusable… Regardless, my dad is really angry at me for doing this, I just tried to help but I never owned an iPhone and I thought it was like Android.

Does anyone know how to remove this account from the iPhone or at least get the phone to start up again with this iCloud account? I have the iCloud name and password, just not the birthdate.

TL:DR: Basically, my dad’s phone is stuck in an activation lock and I cannot even get to the homescreen until I login. I have the iCloud name and the password, just not the birthdate. And I cannot get the verification code from the email since the email is k********@icloud.com so I need to access iCloud to see the code.

Thanks a lot for any help…

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.