Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

futuredada

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 25, 2016
This is my experience with the new MacBook Pro 15" Radeon 460.

The first unit I received was a mess...

Touch ID button evil loose, noisy keyboard, each key with a different touch feel. All the construction itself, sloppy.

When connecting to the electric mains, more than a computer is a like vibrator.

The screen comes into contact with the keyboard, easily.

Very unpleasant (electric noise) to the start the computer.

Constants crackles expansion/contraction.

Second unit.

Good construction. Everything in its place, compact, Touch ID button fixed.

Compact and silent Keyboard and Trackpad. Despite what the feeling that each key has a different behavior remains the norm. Besides that one of the keys to strange behavior.

Corner screen with a very bluish spots. Continue contact with the keyboard.

When connecting to the electric mains continue vibrations, at lower intensity.

Constants crackles expansion/contraction.

Third unit.

Almost perfect, except... Constants crackles expansion/contraction.

Continue contact (screen) with the keyboard.

When connecting to the electric mains continue vibrations.

In addition to this the battery life is pitiful (the three). Working, 4 hours. Yes, if you use as indicated whether they take roughly eight hours. But life is not as they want it.

Regarding the operation of the machine (graphics cards) and the operating system. No problem (Zbrush, Cinema 4D, Photoshop, etc).

I'll wait for the next revision.

Sorry for my english.

Last edited:
Reactions: LandRovers

leman

macrumors Core
Oct 14, 2008
Did you get all your units in the same store? Also, what you mean with "crackles expansion/contraction".

Sanpete

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2016
Utah
You have been exceptionally unlucky, it appears!

What was your previous computer that got more than four hours battery life doing the same things? What do you do that uses the battery? (Most people find the battery life to be excellent.)

What are these vibrations you refer to?

Reactions: keysofanxiety

futuredada

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 25, 2016
Apple Store (online).

First. Ireland.
second and third… Somewhere in China to Shanghai (China), Incheon (Republic of Korea), Almaty (Kazakhstan), Warsaw (Poland), Koeln (Germany).

Temperature changes
[doublepost=1490033245][/doublepost]
You have been exceptionally unlucky, it appears!

What was your previous computer that got more than four hours battery life doing the same things? What do you do that uses the battery? (Most people find the battery life to be excellent.)

What are these vibrations you refer to?

ZBrush or KeyShot = 4h battery (being generous).

Last edited:

futuredada

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 25, 2016
And what machine got better battery life doing the same thing?

The vibrations?

Attachments

• iu.jpeg
    iu.jpeg
    14.1 KB · Views: 171

dotdotdot

macrumors 68020
Jan 23, 2005
I know its hard to believe but this guys experience is not unlike mine. I'm on my 4th MacBook Pro which so far has been perfect (knock on wood).

Those crackles and whatnot that you hear, yes maybe it is heat expanding. But my current MacBook makes absolutely 0 noise even when CPU is at 100 degrees and GPU is at 85 (already warmer than my other MacBook Pros).

My last unit made one of those "crackles" right before a USB port failed. So I wouldn't be too quick to criticize this post, there are genuine issues in manufacturing on this model.

Olz

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2017
I get the feeling it's probably best not to pay too much attention to what the original poster said. However, with that said, I believe the vibrations be may have been referring to (at least before the picture anyway) are best described here. I've noticed them on my tbMBP - it's due to improper grounding of the standard plug on the charger. If you switch to the extension lead for the charger (sold separately) or run the machine on battery power, the problem goes away.

darksithpro

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2016
I can take any product sold in any store and find a flaw in it if I look close enough and give it enough time. That's what we do sometimes. We look for the slightest imperfections because we expected a flawless device. For what we paid that should be true, but it never is. Not even with Apple.

Sanpete

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2016
Utah
I get the feeling it's probably best not to pay too much attention to what the original poster said. However, with that said, I believe the vibrations be may have been referring to (at least before the picture anyway) are best described here. I've noticed them on my tbMBP - it's due to improper grounding of the standard plug on the charger. If you switch to the extension lead for the charger (sold separately) or run the machine on battery power, the problem goes away.

I expect that's what he referred to. What still lacks a good explanation in the sources I've seen is why so many only feel this when moving their finger. Why not when still?

Reactions: darksithpro

HeyGreggie

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2011
If that's the case the person doing that will always end up finding a problem.

Absolutely. Just feels like one of those scenarios where one person "heard" something odd about their unit, posted a thread, now certain people are all following suit attempting to here the same thing.

"Hearing clicks when using my keyboard"
"Omg me too"

darksithpro

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2016
Absolutely. Just feels like one of those scenarios where one person "heard" something odd about their unit, posted a thread, now certain people are all following suit attempting to here the same thing.

"Hearing clicks when using my keyboard"
"Omg me too"

Just like with people. You can find, what appears to be the perfect woman, or man, but later realize one of their teeth is crooked, or their smaller toe sticks out longer than a bigger toe, or a mole. Nothing is perfect and never will be.

Reactions: Speechless

HeyGreggie

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2011
Just like with people. You can find, what appears to be the perfect woman, or man, but later realize one of their teeth is crooked, or their smaller toe sticks out longer than a bigger toe, or a mole. Nothing is perfect and never will be.

Haha smart man! I like your style

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.