Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GreyFox1221

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 16, 2005
I just got Photoshop today and tried to edit this picture to make it look better. I know its not the best photo in the world, but I think it had great subject matter! (BTW thats me in the Banana Suit.)

Original

Post-Photoshop

KD7IWP

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2004
American living in Canada
Hey, not bad. I haven't used Photoshop many times myself, but you did well. If you are asking anyone to be critical I would note that I can see a little bit of red around your legs. But who am I to criticize? I can hardly draw a line in Photoshop!

GreyFox1221

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 16, 2005
I noticed that red too, but I don't know how to get it back to grey. Thanks for your comments. Its good to have some moral support behind your work.

BakedBeans

macrumors 68040
May 6, 2004
What's Your Favorite Posish
there are better and more accurate ways to get that effect in photoshop other than using a brush method (wether its history brush, paintbrush or eraser)

Also, its way way over-saturated, often you need to tone down the colours when spot colouring/selective colouring.

Personally, i think the whole photograph would have been better presented and far better balanced if you have just selected the red sign instead of the whole yellow fella.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.