Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jeek

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 20, 2011
When the AirPods dropped this week, my friend and I found it very difficult to get a reservation due to the extremely slim inventory levels Apple has had since launch. We turned to a few tools out there that can give you stock availability info across each of the Apple stores, but we found it really cumbersome to have to continuously refresh or keep the tab open.

Instead, we decided to create our own email alert service. Basically, we scanned our Apple Stores that were in the area that we would be willing to buy AirPods from and just continuously checked to see if the stock was available or not. If the stock was available, we would get an email with a link to buy, so we could do it all in one swoop. It worked extremely well—we were able to buy the AirPods immediately because we were able to get an instant alert. We decided to share it with our friends and they were able to reserve right away as well.

After we got our AirPods, we decided to open this up to the other folks who are tirelessly trying to get their AirPods. After we scaled our support to all of the Apple Stores, we did some initial testing and now, we want to share it with you.

You can go to https://airpods.isinstock.com to sign up for the email alerts. It’s free, and all we need is your email and your store of choice that you want to get notified for. Alternatively, if you just want to check inventory, you can go to the Locations page to find your store and view stock manually.

We’ll be answering questions here and on our Twitter account. We hope you like it!

Reactions: The Doctor11

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
Thank you very much! Please share with your friends... or not, if you don't want them to be alerted at the same time as you :)
I've already shared it with someone else who wants to pick up some AirPods ;).

Do you guys send a confirmation email after set up? I never got one so I'm wondering if I typed in my email correctly.

jeek

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 20, 2011
I've already shared it with someone else who wants to pick up some AirPods ;).

Do you guys send a confirmation email after set up? I never got one so I'm wondering if I typed in my email correctly.

We don't currently, but I'll make sure that we get that in ASAP as it would be a great way to make sure your email will not be blocked by spam filters. Thanks for the suggestion!

Reactions: The Doctor11
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.