Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SatanGirl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 28, 2024
IMG_1106.jpeg

As you can see in the image there are white tiny dots of like half activated pixels all over the image resulting in certain grainy feeling to the text and bluriness. (Ignore the bigger dust particles)

I will be probably returning it but I am kind of pissed tbh. I am not sure yet if I should use 14 day return period or contact apple and tell them and say I want a screen without such issue and for them to check it to make sure they won’t send one like this. Probably second option lest I want to have another dud.

Videos are fine but font is blurry and feels 720p somehow.

Edit: return it is then

Last edited:

hg.wells

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2013
Best to use the return policy. Apple is not going to open a device and check it before sending it to you.

Reactions: kitKAC

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
contact apple and tell them and say I want a screen without such issue and for them to check it to make sure they won’t send one like this.
This is highly unlikely going to happen. For one, you are just a regular customer. Apple ain’t gonna Open many boxes for you to pick one with good screen. Everyone’s eye is different. Apple employee may not see what you see. You are better off waiting a few weeks for hopefully a new batch will arrive. Second, based on your photo, it is hard for me to distinguish between dust and half pixel you are claiming.

But, since You are not satisfied with the screen, just return it.

SatanGirl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 28, 2024
Easier to just return it
This is highly unlikely going to happen. For one, you are just a regular customer. Apple ain’t gonna Open many boxes for you to pick one with good screen. Everyone’s eye is different. Apple employee may not see what you see. You are better off waiting a few weeks for hopefully a new batch will arrive. Second, based on your photo, it is hard for me to distinguish between dust and half pixel you are claiming.

But, since You are not satisfied with the screen, just return it.
yeah I will but look at this
IMG_1106.jpeg

This looks soooo bad and it’s not like mine is a singular issue. There’s like flood of grain issues but mine is either connected or slightly different. It’s embarrassing

Quality of photo degraded, maybe Imgur will be better
The whole screen is a mess and some say it’s just oled stuff for the grain at least, not sure if it is the same issue

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.