Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lucye

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 11, 2017
This evening my iPhone six that I've had for just over a year now decided to randomly shut off and when I turned it on, it had restored itself to factory settings. It's saying I need to connect to wifi or use mobile data to activate it but it keeps saying my wifi password is wrong (when it's 100% not) and that my mobile data is not working (which it 100% is) and is not allowing me to activate my phone and thus not have any access whatsoever to anything on it.

Before hand my storage was pretty full and my camera roll was acting up right beforehand. I'm not sure if this contributed to whatever is going on but that is the only thing significant that was going on with my iPhone before hand.

I'm a student at university and I need my phone for my alarm and dates, planner and numbers I have in it that I don't have anywhere else. I can't really afford to have it taken into anywhere. Does anyone have any idea what could be going on and could possibly help me figure out what to do?

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Connect your iPhone to your computer that has iTunes.
Absolutely useful when you need to restore your iPhone.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
How would I go about doing this? Sorry, I'm not great with apple stuff.
I read over your opening post again. How do you know the phone was reset to factory setting? If it was, all your personal information would be gone from the phone, versus the phone resetting all settings, or resetting all network settings.
[doublepost=1486867154][/doublepost]
I read over your opening post again. How do you know the phone was reset to factory setting? If it was, all your personal information would be gone from the phone, versus the phone resetting all settings, or resetting all network settings.
Once you get your phone restored, I suggest you make an iTunes back up.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203977

canuckRus

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2014
This evening my iPhone six that I've had for just over a year now decided to randomly shut off and when I turned it on, it had restored itself to factory settings. It's saying I need to connect to wifi or use mobile data to activate it but it keeps saying my wifi password is wrong (when it's 100% not) and that my mobile data is not working (which it 100% is) and is not allowing me to activate my phone and thus not have any access whatsoever to anything on it.

Before hand my storage was pretty full and my camera roll was acting up right beforehand. I'm not sure if this contributed to whatever is going on but that is the only thing significant that was going on with my iPhone before hand.

I'm a student at university and I need my phone for my alarm and dates, planner and numbers I have in it that I don't have anywhere else. I can't really afford to have it taken into anywhere. Does anyone have any idea what could be going on and could possibly help me figure out what to do?

Call Apple?
Visit Apple Store for Genius free assist ?
Have you backed it up to iCloud or a computer, use Keychain, iTunes to restore?

http://www.imore.com/how-to-iphone-ipad-dfu-mode

Last edited:

lucye

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 11, 2017
Connect your iPhone to your computer that has iTunes.
Absolutely useful when you need to restore your iPhone.
Whenever I attempt to connect my phone to itunes a window pops up that says 'itunes could not connect to this iPhone. And error occurred (0xE8000015)'

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.