Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JarikD

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 18, 2022
Hi guys,
So, I don't know where to post this.
In the morning of 18.1. I woke up, knowing that my alarm clock on my iPhone didn't ring as it was supposed to, since I have Sleep Schedule set up. So I went to my phone and first thing which I realised was, that my wallpaper is set to default (not as I had when I went to bed). So I tried to unlock it with face id (it's iPhone XS Max), and face id was disabled, gone. So I got to my phone without unlocking. Next I saw bunch of random widgets, in the widget center or how is that place on the left called. My widget setup was gone, and replaced with other built in widgets and one which I never saw before.
It was widget of almost full screen height. I forgot to make another screenshot, but when I was deleting it, it showed that it's News app widget. Probably blank and black because Apple News app isn't available in my region. I am ticked on myself, for not trying to change the phone language and region to see if it would be working. Never mind.
Anyways. My setting were gone. Everything set to default. Wifi settings gone, Fitness app sharing my activity to friends quit all sharing, and all built in apps were showing me splash screens as if I had the phone new.

So. Can anyone please explain to me, what the *** happened that night? Did I get through some wormhole and got some iOS 16 Mega widgets installed in parallel universe or what? :D
I guess it was some bug, but I decided to share it since waking up without alarm clock, and having phone all off sudden without any unlock security set in is not the best thing to wake up to. Oh yes, I forgot to mention, my lock screen pin code was also gone. And no I don't live with friends who would make fun of me :D.

iPhone was on latest 15.2.1, updated for couple of days before this happened, so it wasn't updating during that night for sure.

IMG_0248.PNG

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.