Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DiskAngel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 15, 2016
London
Hi all.

I released my utility app Disk Angel about a month ago but I'm finding it difficult to pick up any traction so decided to make it free for 24 hours or so in the hope that people will see that it's a good app and maybe even leave a review on the app store.

It can be downloaded from here:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/disk-angel-3-in-1-cleaner/id1061017904?mt=12

or here:
http://www.diskangel.co.uk/

Would love to know what you think of it, good or bad!

In a nutshell, Disk Angel takes the strain out of finding files that can be deleted on your HD. It will quickly find the largest files, as well as find all the duplicate files you may have. There's also a feature that searches for old cached files and application logs that tend to accumulate over time.

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
You're competing against some very popular apps that do the exact same thing (DaisyDisk, etc.).

First, you need to find someone who knows what they're doing to build your website. It looks ok, but it loads so slow that I almost gave up waiting. The images are overly large, and/or being served from a slow server. I'm not sure which, but a site that loads that slow isn't going to be very popular.

Second, I read your entire site and the App Store page, and I still have no idea exactly how your app works, or how it differs from similar apps. You need much better description text.

Third, the screenshots show off Apple hardware more than they do your software. Your images don't focus on aspects of your software that users would want to see before buying. Zoom in and crop your images.

Reactions: Beachguy

phrehdd

macrumors 601
Oct 25, 2008
Perhaps you can edit your original post here to put what function your app has in a nutshell. Maybe a very small list of features. That way, people right here can see what your offering is all about. Hopefully, that is okay with MR to do so.

Gjwilly

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2011
SF Bay Area
Disk Angel 3-in-1 Cleaner, Space Saver & Duplicate File Finder

Save your hard drive from clunky junk with Disk Angel, a comprehensive 3-in-1 tool that reveals and removes unneeded/unwanted files, freeing up masses of space on your hard disk in minutes! All housed within a simple & clean user interface.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.