Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vaperezp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 28, 2021
My MacAir's display was automatically mirrored to an external display when I plugged in the thunderbolt adapter cable. I went to another place and when I connected the charger having the external screen connected and duplicated, it did not turn on the green light, but when disconnecting the adapter connected to the external screen, the charger worked. I thought it was a problem with the power connections or something similar so I did not continue using the external display. The next day, when connecting the screen, it did not work. I have tried everything resumed in this link: https://www.maketecheasier.com/fixes-external-display-not-working-macos/ and in other forums like restarting, upgrading from 10.12 to 10.13.6, sleeping the computer, safe mode etc.
I also followed apple's instructions in the Apple menu > System Preferences and then in displays, the "Arrangement" option does not appear.
Can it be that when I connected the charger to the computer while having the external display connected a circuit burned? The rare thing is that this did not happen before.

If anyone has had a similar situation please help me! thanks!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.