Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pragmatous

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 23, 2012
I have a 2014 Macbook pro 15". Ever since I updated to 10.11.5 every time I open up my mac and go to type in my password my mac is frozen. The only thing that works is the power button and the display. I've tried letting it sit for a minute but it remains frozen. Keyboard doesn't work,touch pad doesn't work, and none of the function keys work. The caps lock doesn't work either.

The solution is to power down the mac by holding the power button down for 5 seconds and turn it back on.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

ianjh

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2013
Norfolk, UK
I have a 2014 Macbook pro 15". Ever since I updated to 10.11.5 every time I open up my mac and go to type in my password my mac is frozen. The only thing that works is the power button and the display. I've tried letting it sit for a minute but it remains frozen. Keyboard doesn't work,touch pad doesn't work, and none of the function keys work. The caps lock doesn't work either.

The solution is to power down the mac by holding the power button down for 5 seconds and turn it back on.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?
[doublepost=1463585304][/doublepost]Experiencing the same symptoms on my MAC MINI 2012 with Thunderbolt Display, have to power off etc - only since latest upgrade!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.