Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

E60LNDN

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 20, 2018
Hi guys

I have a new iPhone X from Vodafone which is locked to Vodafone. Unfortunately they want me to use the device for three months before they unlock it for me.

Can someone please advise me on how to get this unlocked? I have a macbook bro and can use software myself if there is guidance on what to do, alternatively can use a service to get it unlocked

Thanks in advance guys

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
You'll have to find a service. Unlocking requires internal access to a carrier's systems and network to submit your unlock to Apple.

Unlock services have inside employees willing to risk their jobs for money to submit your unlock. So, that isn't anything you personally have access to and that's what you'd need to do it yourself.

Reactions: SigEp265

SigEp265

macrumors 6502a
Dec 15, 2011
Southern California
You'll have to find a service. Unlocking requires internal access to a carrier's systems and network to submit your unlock to Apple.

Unlock services have inside employees willing to risk their jobs for money to submit your unlock. So, that isn't anything you personally have access to and that's what you'd need to do it yourself.

God bless those employees lol

Reactions: eyoungren

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
God bless those employees lol
LOL, yeah well…the price depends on their level of risk. :)

Sprint is high risk, which is why they are rarely available and expensive. AT&T sued a few of it's employees a couple of years ago (they had installed illegal access software for 24/7 external access to systems). One employee had joined specifically to engage in illicit unlocks.

So yeah, risk. :D

Reactions: SigEp265
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.