Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darthyoda3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 17, 2008
My Basement, Nebraska
I shot this photo while driving to somewhere in Kansas, after i got back hom i photoshoped it, how is it?

Blissxcopy.jpg

FULL SIZE DOWNLOAD:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NSFHITH3
or
http://rapidshare.com/files/122951204/Blissx_copy.png.html

Fixed one provided by monoslykos(from WinMatrix.com): http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r70/Mon...lissx-FIX_1.jpg

There's also this one...
100B0220copy.png

FULL SIZE DOWNLOAD:
http://rapidshare.com/files/122952202/100B0220_copy.png.html

flinch13

macrumors regular
Jul 4, 2004
Really, photography is about getting results that please you. Your idea of beauty may not be mine, so if you're happy with these photos, that's all that matters.

IMHO, these pictures look too doctored up. They're attractive when you first see them, but the colors look incredibly unnatural (too saturated) in the first photo, and the second photo is flat and dark. Also, you've lost detail in your clouds by overexposing them in some areas. My advice to you is to keep shooting, and try to get the picture the way you want ON CAMERA. Digital photography is nice in that you can make changes to photos on the computer, but when all is said and done it's generally best to make these changes as subtle as possible... this is clearly not the case here, and while I can't know what you personally prefer, I wouldn't have edited my shots this way.

flinch13

macrumors regular
Jul 4, 2004
Hey, no worries. You just have to realize that computers can't do all of the work. In order to take a balanced photograph you need to spend five minutes or so setting up the shot in one place... you were lucky to get these from a moving car, but they would have been better had you been standing still. What camera are you using? What settings were you using for these shots?

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Hehe, I had an idea for this a while back. I've got a few that I'll upload when I'm back in OSX :)

operator207

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2007
I would like to see the non PPed pictures. That is what amazes me, seeing the shot directly from the camera, and the PPed one afterwards.

disdat

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2005
New England USA
I like the first one as well, except that it is cropped a bit too much on the bottom. I would have preferred the tree roots not be so close to the edge.
Great job! I like vibrant photos!

wheezy

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2005
Alpine, UT
The first is obviously heavily saturated, but the green is beautiful, the blue sky might be overkill. Pull down the blue but keep the green.

The 2nd is also nice, if you can pull a little more detail out of the darker objects and less out of the highlights it would look nice too. But all in all, both pictures are great!

darthyoda3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 17, 2008
My Basement, Nebraska
I like the first one as well, except that it is cropped a bit too much on the bottom. I would have preferred the tree roots not be so close to the edge.
Great job! I like vibrant photos!

Once again, that goes back to the moving car, the bottom was very blurry as it is with the second photo is you look at it.

I will upload the original pictures later today when i can.

I use a consumer camera, not a pro one although im trying to get one some day, it's a Kodak M763.

Right now I am only 15 and jobless so I can't afford all that much at this time :(

disdat

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2005
New England USA
Once again, that goes back to the moving car, the bottom was very blurry as it is with the second photo is you look at it.

I will upload the original pictures later today when i can.

I use a consumer camera, not a pro one although im trying to get one some day, it's a Kodak M763.

Right now I am only 15 and jobless so I can't afford all that much at this time :(

Blurry can be good!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.