Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wgilles

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 21, 2008
The balloon festival in Readington, NJ started today and I took the opportuinity they offered to photographers to come in for free and snap some shots. I took around 200 pictures and these were my favorite. I made them very bright and a little contrasty to show the "fun" of the event.

Tried to get the moon
web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

QuickChek sponsored the event
web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

They managed to get these 2 to go up at EXACTLY the same time, it was pretty neat to watch
web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

spork183

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2006
Beautiful shots, what a sight.

Slightly off topic, but did you happen to see the brain model ballon? I've only seen it once. It matches the color coded brains that sat in every science classroom in school.

wgilles

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 21, 2008
Beautiful shots, what a sight.

Slightly off topic, but did you happen to see the brain model ballon? I've only seen it once. It matches the color coded brains that sat in every science classroom in school.

No didn't see it. There weren't a whole lot of exotic balloons this year. Maybe tomorrow there will be for the weekend, but today was the only day I could go. Thanks for the C&C

ksz

macrumors 68000
Oct 28, 2003
USA
It's really fun to see these photos and the assortment of balloons! You've post-processed them quite well. What camera and lens did you use?

As for the size of these photos, what can I say...I have a 30-inch monitor on which they fit very well. :)

wgilles

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 21, 2008
Oh it was great. I went once when I was a kid like 12 years ago. This was my first time back and it was so cool to where they blow up the balloons. I used a Nikon D80 with a 18-135mm DX lens. I felt like such a amateur though, I was definitely the youngest photographer there (I'm 21) and most of them had 2+ camera bodies with big honkin' lenses. That's okay though, I got some great shots, it's not the camera, it's the photographer! :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.