Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheCluelessOne

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2014
I have number of songs in my iTunes iCloud Library stuck with in the "waiting" status. Not sure what the cause of this is as some songs are uploaded and some are not, there doesn't appear to be a visible pattern for which ones get stuck as they are a mixture of different file types (MP3 and M4A) as well as from different sources: iTunes... SoundCloud etc.

Actions I've already done which haven't resolved the issue:
  • I have already tried manually pressing Update iCloud Music Library from the options with no luck.
  • I have tried turning off and on the iCloud Music Library option from my preferences.
  • Signing out and back into my iTunes account.
  • Updated to the latest version of MacOS and iTunes
  • Removed the song from the library and re-added
The issue seems to be related to the Library itself, when I create a new Library and upload the same "waiting" songs they upload immediately.

Any other suggestions to resolve would be greatly appreciated.

martin1000

macrumors 6502
Apr 16, 2005
Washington, D.C.
Same issue here. About 60% of my music has been matched. Now the other 40% is stuck on waiting and iTunes doesn't seem to be doing anything to analyze/match.

Jeffois

macrumors regular
Mar 30, 2010
I have number of songs in my iTunes iCloud Library stuck with in the "waiting" status. Not sure what the cause of this is as some songs are uploaded and some are not, there doesn't appear to be a visible pattern for which ones get stuck as they are a mixture of different file types (MP3 and M4A) as well as from different sources: iTunes... SoundCloud etc.

Actions I've already done which haven't resolved the issue:
  • I have already tried manually pressing Update iCloud Music Library from the options with no luck.
  • I have tried turning off and on the iCloud Music Library option from my preferences.
  • Signing out and back into my iTunes account.
  • Updated to the latest version of MacOS and iTunes
  • Removed the song from the library and re-added
The issue seems to be related to the Library itself, when I create a new Library and upload the same "waiting" songs they upload immediately.

Any other suggestions to resolve would be greatly appreciated.

Is the new library that you create good all around? If so, it might be the answer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.