Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ryan700

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 4, 2008
Canada
I noticed that a few days ago when I typed something into my translation widget I get a message that "data unavailable'. I check today on my other computer and get the same message. I tried one of the plist deletion methods and it did create a new one but still the same. I checked other widgets and it seems like any widget that needs to pull information from the internet (a server maybe) stopped working. Is this an Apple thing where they try to make you fix things with an upgrade? Has anybody got this thing to work?
Screen Shot 2017-07-06 at 7.00.47 PM.jpg

maxglitz

macrumors newbie
May 13, 2017
I noticed that a few days ago when I typed something into my translation widget I get a message that "data unavailable'. I check today on my other computer and get the same message. I tried one of the plist deletion methods and it did create a new one but still the same. I checked other widgets and it seems like any widget that needs to pull information from the internet (a server maybe) stopped working. Is this an Apple thing where they try to make you fix things with an upgrade? Has anybody got this thing to work?
View attachment 707583
[doublepost=1500039860][/doublepost]I'm chiming in with the same problem, July 2017. I've deleted the translation widget and reinstalled. No luck.

Pierlau

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2017
[doublepost=1500039860][/doublepost]I'm chiming in with the same problem, July 2017. I've deleted the translation widget and reinstalled. No luck.
I have exactly the same problem on Sierra 10.12.5. I recently updated from Mavericks to Sierra, machine: Mac mini (2012-2013).

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryan700

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 4, 2008
Canada
Sorry for not getting back to this thread but what happened was I got 2 answers from Systran. The first was saying that Apple may have let their subscription lapse which I figured, well that's that. Then out of the blue I get a messenger message from someone else at Systran saying that it should be back up and running. Which it is. So, for those who deleted it, you can install it again.

Pierlau

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2017
Sorry for not getting back to this thread but what happened was I got 2 answers from Systran. The first was saying that Apple may have let their subscription lapse which I figured, well that's that. Then out of the blue I get a messenger message from someone else at Systran saying that it should be back up and running. Which it is. So, for those who deleted it, you can install it again.
[doublepost=1501863291][/doublepost]OK! Thank you very much, indeed it is now working again.
Best regards,

Reactions: bobcan and Ryan700
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.