Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hoppityhiphop

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 22, 2021
Info// camera: Panasonic Lumix G85

The wall charger was laying on the floor and I had wet hands, I was in a rush and I completely forgot about it; this happened 2-3 days ago but I just remembered. My hands were dripping water (as I said I didnt dry them, I was in a rush), I dont even know if water got on the charger (either on the plastic side or the metal parts) and I have no way to verify this, as by now if there was any water it probably evaporated. However, I am worried about corrosion of the metal part on a long run, hence I am contemplating getting a new charger and not risk it as the actual battery has metal parts to which the metal parts of the wall charger connect. Did you guys have any experience with water and electronics?

I have changed the position of the wall charger since then.

deep diver

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Philadelphia.
There should not be any problem. These are not fragile things and the engineers take such situations into account. I've done similar things. Don't worry about it.

Darmok N Jalad

macrumors 603
Sep 26, 2017
Tanagra (not really)
If you are really worried, just take the charger and toss it in a resealable sandwich bag with a couple silica packs (those things that come in many packages that says "do not eat"). That should suck any residual moisture out. Rather than toss those packs, keep them handy for just such situations.

Phil77354

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2014
Pacific Northwest, U.S.
If you are really worried, just take the charger and toss it in a resealable sandwich bag with a couple silica packs (those things that come in many packages that says "do not eat"). That should suck any residual moisture out. Rather than toss those packs, keep them handy for just such situations.
I agree. Excellent advice.

jwolf6589

macrumors 601
Dec 15, 2010
Colorado
Info// camera: Panasonic Lumix G85

The wall charger was laying on the floor and I had wet hands, I was in a rush and I completely forgot about it; this happened 2-3 days ago but I just remembered. My hands were dripping water (as I said I didnt dry them, I was in a rush), I dont even know if water got on the charger (either on the plastic side or the metal parts) and I have no way to verify this, as by now if there was any water it probably evaporated. However, I am worried about corrosion of the metal part on a long run, hence I am contemplating getting a new charger and not risk it as the actual battery has metal parts to which the metal parts of the wall charger connect. Did you guys have any experience with water and electronics?

I have changed the position of the wall charger since then.
Should be fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.